1. The Samsung "Home Appliance Review" Sweepstakes #2 ("Sweepstakes") begins 12:00 AM Eastern Time ("ET") July 1, 2019 and ends 11:59 PM ET July 31, 2019 ("Sweepstakes Period").
2. Open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older and who have reached the age of majority in their state of residence at the time of entry. Employees of Samsung Electronics America, Inc. ("Sponsor"), Modern Impact, BazaarVoice, Inc., Trymark Consulting Group, L.L.C., and their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, retailers, distributors and suppliers, and the immediate families (spouse, parents, children and siblings and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and individuals living in the same households of such employees, whether or not related, are ineligible to enter or win. Void where prohibited by law. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
Review must be your own original work. The Sponsor does not guarantee the posting of any review and reserves the right to reject any Entry and/or review, in its sole and absolute discretion, on the basis that a submitted Entry does not meet the above criteria or is otherwise offensive or inappropriate or is not in keeping with the Sponsor's image. Qualifying reviews will include a badge indicating you received an incentive for participating in the Sweepstakes. Online Entries must be received by 11:59 PM ET on July 31, 2019 to be eligible. Or, (ii) to enter the Sweepstakes via mail without submitting a review, hand-print on a 3" x 5" card your first and last name, date of birth, street address, city, state, zip code, phone number (including area code) and e-mail address (optional) and send in a stamped #10 envelope with proper postage affixed to: Samsung "Home Appliance Review" Sweepstakes #2, P.O. Box 051, Ironia, NJ 07845. All mail-in Entries must be postmarked by July 31, 2019 and received by August 6, 2019 to be eligible. Submission of erroneous or incomplete information will void the submitted Entry. Entries via mail must be sent in a separate outer mailing envelope. Entries via mail that are sent in business reply envelopes, that utilize address labels or stickers, that are photocopied, hand-stamped, computer-generated or otherwise mechanically reproduced, that are not mailed in separate outer mailing envelopes, or that otherwise fail to comply with these Official Rules will not be honored or acknowledged. Limit one (1) entry per person, per household and per e-mail address for the duration of the Sweepstakes Period, regardless of how many reviews are submitted and regardless of method of entry. All Entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. If multiple Entries are received in excess of the stated limitation from any person or household or e-mail address, regardless of method of entry, only the first such Entry received from such person or household or e-mail address will be eligible for entry. Should multiple users of the same e-mail account enter the Sweepstakes and a dispute thereafter arises regarding the identity of the entrant, the authorized account subscriber of said e-mail account at the time of entry will be considered the entrant and required to comply with these Official Rules. "Authorized account subscriber" is defined as the natural person who is assigned an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization, which is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
4. A random drawing will be conducted on or about August 8, 2019 from among all eligible Entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Drawing will be conducted by Trymark Consulting Group, L.L.C., an independent judging organization whose decisions are final and binding. Odds of winning will depend on the total number of eligible Entries received.
5. Grand Prize (1): one (1) $500.00 gift card (awarded in the form of a pre-paid debit card) (certain terms & conditions as specified by issuer apply) (Estimated Retail Value ("ERV") $500.00). Winner will be responsible for all taxes (including federal, state and local taxes) and any other costs and expenses associated with acceptance and use of the prize not described herein as being awarded. All prize details are at Sponsor's sole discretion.
6. Potential winner will only be notified by e-mail using the email address collected at the time of entry. In the event that any e-mail to the potential winner is returned as undeliverable a response to any given e-mail message is not received within three (3) business days of date of its issuance or the potential winner is not in compliance with these Official Rules, the prize may be forfeited and, at Sponsor's discretion, an alternate winner may be selected. Potential winner may be required, in the sole discretion of the judges, to execute and return an affidavit of eligibility and a liability release and, where legal, a publicity release within five (5) days of date of issuance of those documents or prize may be forfeited and, at Sponsor's discretion, awarded to an alternate winner. Prize is not transferable, redeemable for cash, or substitutable except by Sponsor, which reserves the right, at its discretion, to substitute the prize or portion of the prize with one of comparable or greater value. In the event the potential winner is not in compliance with these Official Rules or the prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, the prize may be forfeited, and at Sponsor's discretion, an alternate winner may be selected.
7. By participating, entrants agree as follows: a) to abide by these Official Rules, and to the decisions of Sponsor and the judging organization, which shall be final and binding in all respects; b) to the use of their name, likenesses, biographical data and/or review by Sponsor and its designees if selected as the winner for advertising, promotional and other purposes in any or all media now or hereafter known throughout the world in perpetuity without compensation, permission or notification (except where prohibited by law); and c) THAT SPONSOR, MODERN IMPACT, BAZAARVOICE, INC., TRYMARK CONSULTING GROUP, L.L.C., AND ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENTS, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTION AGENCIES, RETAILERS, DISTRIBUTORS AND SUPPLIERS, AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS, AGENTS, AND EMPLOYEES (COLLECTIVELY, THE "RELEASED PARTIES") SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY AND SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS FOR ANY DAMAGE, LOSS OR INJURY TO AN ENTRANT OR ANY THIRD PARTY RESULTING FROM PARTICIPATION IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR THE USE OR MISUSE OF THE PRIZE. PRIZE IS AWARDED "AS IS" WITHOUT ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES. Released Parties are not responsible for lost, delayed, interrupted or unavailable network, cable, satellite, Internet Service Provider (ISP), server or other connections, miscommunications, failed phone, computer or telephone transmissions or technical failure, jumbled, scrambled or misdirected transmissions, or other errors, problems or difficulties of any kind whether computer, network, human, mechanical, electronic, printing, typographical or otherwise relating to or in connection with this Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors, problems or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of Entries, the posting of reviews, the announcement of the prize or in any Sweepstakes-related materials or for any damage to entrant's or other person's hardware or software as a result of participation. Released Parties are also not responsible for Entries, reviews or mail that are illegible, lost, late, incomplete, damaged, inaccurate, stolen, delayed, misdirected, undelivered or postage due, or garbled or delayed by computer transmissions and all such Entries are void. Persons found tampering with or abusing any aspect of this Sweepstakes as solely determined by the Sponsor and/or the judging organization will be disqualified, and their Entries will be void. Every submission must be manually keystroked and manually entered by the individual participant and repetitive automated electronic submission of Entries is specifically disallowed. Use of script, macro or automated entry software or programs or any other means that subvert the entry process is prohibited and all such Entries will be void. In the event the Sweepstakes is compromised by virus, bugs, worms, non-authorized human intervention or other causes which corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to modify, suspend or terminate the Sweepstakes or any portion thereof and/or terminate the participation of any participant (and void all associated Entries) whose conduct potentially compromises the Sweepstakes and, if terminated, at its sole discretion to award the prize from among all eligible non-suspect Entries received prior to the act requiring such termination. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. Sweepstakes is governed by the laws of the State of New York without regard to its conflict of laws principals, with venue in New York County, New York.
8. EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW, AS A CONDITION OF PARTICIPATING IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES, YOU AGREE THAT A) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL YOU BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN AWARDS FOR, AND YOU HEREBY WAIVE ALL RIGHTS TO CLAIM, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN FOR ACTUAL OUT OF POCKET EXPENSES, IF ANY; B) ALL CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES, OR ANY COMPENSATION OR CREDIT TO BE PROVIDED, SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION AND EXCLUSIVELY BY FINAL AND BINDING ARBITRATION IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE FEDERAL ARBITRATION ACT ("FAA", Title 9 of the United States Code) UNDER THE AUSPICES OF THE AMERICAN ARBITRATION ASSOCIATION; C) THE FEDERAL ARBITRATION ACT SHALL GOVERN THE INTERPRETATION, ENFORCEMENT AND ALL PROCEEDINGS AT SUCH ARBITRATION; AND D) JUDGEMENT UPON SUCH ARBITRATION AWARD MAY BE ENTERED IN ANY COURT HAVING JURISDICTION. YOU HAVE A RIGHT TO OPT-OUT OF THIS ARBITRATION PROVISION. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THIS MANDATORY ARBITRATION PROVISION WITH REGARD TO THIS PROMOTION, THEN WITHIN THIRTY (30) DAYS FROM THE DATE OF YOUR ENTRY, YOU MAY OPT-OUT OF THIS, AND ONLY THIS, PART OF THE OFFICIAL RULES BY NOTIFYING THE SPONSOR OF SUCH OPT-OUT REQUEST BY PROVIDING WRITTEN NOTICE AND MAILING SUCH NOTICE TO: SAMSUNG "HOME APPLIANCE REVIEW" SWEEPSTAKES #2 - ARBITRATION REJECTION, P.O. BOX 295, GAINESVILLE, VA 20156. ANY OPT-OUT RECEIVED AFTER THE THIRTY (30) DAY TIIME PERIOD WILL NOT BE VALID AND YOU MUST PURSUE YOUR CLAIM, IF ANY, VIA ARBITRATION PURSUANT TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES. ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS, AND AWARD SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT OF POCKET COSTS INCURRED, IF ANY, AND IN NO EVENT SHALL YOU BE ENTITLED TO RECEIVE ATTORNEYS' FEES OR OTHER LEGAL COSTS OR EXPENSES.
IN THE EVENT THAT YOU OPT-OUT OF THIS MANDATORY ARBITRATION PROVISION, ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS, AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION, AND EXCLUSIVELY BY A FEDERAL OR STATE COURT LOCATED IN NEW YORK COUNTY, NEW YORK.
10. The name of the winner (available after September 16, 2019 and/or a copy of these Official Rules may be obtained by mailing a self-addressed, stamped #10 envelope to: Samsung "Home Appliance Review" Sweepstakes #2 - Winner/Rules (please specify which), P.O. Box 295, Gainesville, VA 20156, for receipt no later than November 15, 2019. VT residents omit return postage on rules requests.
11. Sponsor: Samsung Electronics America, Inc., 85 Challenger Rd., Ridgefield Park, NJ 07660.
Promoter: Trymark Consulting Group, L.L.C., P.O. Box 295, Gainesville, VA 20156.